Vacancy – Finance Assistant (Tonbridge)
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a proficient Finance Assistant to join the Regis Finance Team who are responsible for the accounting and reporting of the mutuals we manage as well as the Regis Companies. This role will provide support to the finance team’s management accountants providing invoicing and credit control for sales, managing payment for purchase invoicing and claims payments ensuring compliance with group policies and regulatory requirements.
You will be enthusiastic and keen to learn and develop in your role. You must have a flexible attitude and thrive in a rapidly changing working environment. You take ownership of challenges and see them through to completion.
Responsibilities & Duties:
The successful candidate will be responsible for
- Documentation and maintenance of all processes
- Incorporate controls and processes to comply with the group compliance and regulatory requirements and to ensure reliability/accuracy of data
- Assist in the automation of manual processes
Accounting and reporting
- Assist in the preparation of management accounts and Board reports in line with accounting standards, group policies and deadlines
- Assist in internal and external audits where necessary
- Ensure that accounting records are being appropriately maintained in accordance with accounting standards and regulatory requirements
- Assist in the preparation of KPI reports including variance analysis using consistent data and sources, and
- Ad hoc reporting and analysis as required.
Sales invoicing and credit control
- Contribution accounting and reporting
- Recording and reconciliation of receipts
- Reporting and credit control for late and failed payments, escalating any issues as required
Purchase ledger and claims payments
- Ensure all payments are authorised in accordance with the authorisation policy
- Preparation, recording and reconciliation of payments within timelines agreed
What we need from you:
- Good standard of education include Mathematics and English at Grade C or above (or equivalent).
- Working towards, or desire to complete AAT qualifications or equivalent.
- Experience of working in a busy finance office environment handling high workloads is essential.
- Experience if MS Dymanics, MSO and intermediate Excel.
- Highly numerate with experience of reconciliation.
- Excellent levels of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Good interpersonal skills with ability to building internal and external relationships.
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong organisational and prioritisation skills.
We provide a comprehensive benefits package including competitive salary, 25 days’ annual leave, group personal pension, health cash plan, lifestyle rewards and discounts, sponsorship towards professional memberships and continuing professional development.
Diversity and Inclusion
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion or belief, gender or gender reassignment, sexual orientation, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, age or disability status.
If you feel you meet the criteria please apply with your CV and covering letter providing details of how you fit this role. If you would like to discuss this role further or would like additional details please contact the HR Department on 01892 888312.
Closing date for applications is Friday 2nd August 2019.
No Agencies please