Underwriting Services Team Manager
Purpose of Role
The Underwriting Services Department is responsible for managing and developing relationships with insurers; ensuring that systems and processes support and adhere to underwriting and regulatory requirements; and ensuring Sales & Service front line staff possess the required product knowledge.
The purpose of this role will be to manage an established team and the efficient and smooth running of the department, ensuring the team provides a member focused service with first-line underwriting support to all mutual and scheme members.
This role will lead, manage and motivate the Underwriting Services team by setting and driving targets (in line with Mutual targets) for new business, renewal, retention and member satisfaction.
This role will also have responsibility for providing day to day member support to support the team, taking a hands on approach as required to deliver a first class service.
- Underwriting and processing new business and renewal quotations for Mutuals in accordance with Company policy and agreed authority limits.
- Dealing with Mutual members during the renewal and new business process.
- Handling referrals and liaising with the Technical Underwriting Team and Insurers for a decision if/when higher level referral is necessary.
- Ensuring that robust underwriting practices are in place in accordance with agreed Insurer guidelines and delegated underwriting authorities.
- Maintaining electronic and documented underwriting files, ensuring they meet required standards and pass internal and external audits.
- Support the Head of Client Services, Mutual Managers and Head of Underwriting in ensuring operational processes preserve underwriting integrity and meet FCA and other regulatory requirements.
- Work with the Change and Technology teams to correct system faults and build enhancements where necessary.
- Managing technical referrals from junior colleagues and direct reports
- Complaints resolution and reporting
- Writing endorsements and clauses within agreed authority.
- Developing a detailed understanding of the cover requirements of the specified Regis Mutuals and how these are catered for in the cover wordings.
- Providing formal and informal training of front line staff and mentoring of more junior reports
How to Apply
If you are interested in apply for this position please send your CV and a covering letter giving details of your experience and fit with this role to firstname.lastname@example.org If you have any questions please contact us on 01892 888312.