Senior Actuarial Analyst
About the Role
As a Regis employee, you’re encouraged to grow personally and professionally. You will work with some of the sector’s most innovative minds on exciting and new projects. No matter what you do at Regis, you’ll play a part in shaping the future of new Mutuals, from concept to delivery. Interested?
We have a fantastic opportunity for methodical and self-motivated Actuarial Analyst to join our busy Actuarial team in Tunbridge Wells. The role has a pricing and reserving focus, and will also include producing and coordinating Management Information and financial modelling work.
- Quarterly & year-end reserve reviews and valuations using appropriate actuarial methods, including ultimate loss ratio, and run-off triangle techniques
- Perform necessary reconciliation checks, and report justification of reserving methodology, assumptions and results to the relevant departments
- Document rating and underwriting requirements for underwriting scheme builds in the Policy Administration System, and develop test plans for the initial underwriting build and subsequent monthly rating changes, and coordinate testing feedback to system implementers
- Create models using stochastic and deterministic approach as appropriate, to deliver insight into key drivers of business performance
- Develop tailored solutions for start-up entities and ensure the client’s needs are met, working with underwriting and the business development teams as necessary
- Design & maintain reports that provide useful claims & underwriting information (e.g. Claims Triangulation Reports) for management and other relevant departments.
- Review technical elements of Management Accounts and review technical assumptions for business planning, working with Finance.
- Support the development of the Regis enterprise risk management framework, contributing to the development of policies, procedures and methodology documentation for the Actuarial Function.
- Manage the production of Management Information by setting out the calculations that are necessary and reviewing the reports.
We provide a comprehensive benefits package including competitive salary, 25 days annual leave, group personal pension, sponsorship towards professional membership and continuing professional development, health cash plan, lifestyle rewards and discounts and free fruit.
Diversity & Inclusion
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying for this position please send your CV and a covering letter giving details of your experience and fit with this role to firstname.lastname@example.org If you have any questions please contact us on 01892 888312.
Please note that we cannot take on sponsorships at this time, so proof of Right to Work in the UK is essential.
We do receive a high volume of applications, so we may not able to respond to each individual applicant. If you are suitable for the role, it can take 5-10 working days for us to read your CV, please do contact us for any progress on your application.
Before you submit any information regarding your application, please read our Privacy Notice so you understand how we use any personal data you send to us.