Senior Actuarial Analyst
Purpose of Role
The role has a pricing and reserving focus but will also include producing and coordinating Management Information and also some general financial modelling work. The role will involve working as an integral part of the Actuarial team, and will involve undertaking broad business exposure and regular contact with senior stakeholders.
Once the approach and scope of the work has been agreed, the candidate fulfilling this role will be expected to work independently using the appropriate technical skills but also with an understanding and appreciation of the wider picture and overall work of the team and how this fits within Regis – while providing regular progress updates to the Actuarial Manager.
- Quarterly & year-end reserve reviews & valuations using appropriate actuarial methods, including ultimate loss ratio, and run-off triangle techniques
- Perform necessary reconciliation checks, and report justification of reserving methodology, assumptions & results to the relevant departments
- Document rating & underwriting requirements for underwriting scheme builds in the Policy Administration System, and develop test plans for the initial underwriting build & subsequent monthly rating changes, and coordinate testing feedback to system implementers
- Create models using stochastic and deterministic approach as appropriate, to determine the optimum re-insurance structure for new and existing mutuals.
- Create and present models for portfolio analysis & monitoring, to deliver insight into key drivers of business performance.
- Review technical elements of Management Accounts & review technical assumptions for business planning
- Develop tailored solutions for start-up entities and ensure the client’s needs are met, working with underwriting and the business development teams as necessary
- Design & maintain reports that provide useful claims & underwriting information (e.g. Claims Triangulation Reports) for management and other relevant departments.
- Review technical elements of Management Accounts and review technical assumptions for business planning, working with Finance.
- Support the development of the Regis enterprise risk management framework, contributing to the development of policies, procedures and methodology documentation for the Actuarial Function.
- Manage the production of Management Information by setting out the calculations that are necessary and reviewing the reports.
How to Apply
If you are interested in apply for this position please send your CV and a covering letter giving details of your experience and fit with this role to firstname.lastname@example.org If you have any questions please contact us on 01892 888312.