Regis Mutual Management Limited – Mutual Directors – Privacy Notice
It is very important to us that all personal information we hold is safe and secure, and only used for the right reasons. This privacy notice explains why we collect personal information about the Directors of the Mutuals we manage and how we use it. It also explains the legal rights attaching to personal information.
Why do we collect personal information about Mutual Directors?
We collect, use and store personal information about a Mutual’s Directors for our legitimate business interests and the legitimate interests of the Mutual, and so that we can:
- undertake the day to day business of managing the Mutual, including communicating with the Directors about company and Member matters
- ensure that the Mutual complies with regulatory and legal requirements, including:
- obtaining Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) approval of Directors to be Approved Persons
- obtaining and maintaining authorisation of the Mutual as an FCA approved firm or our Appointed Representative
- registering Directors’ details at Companies House and maintaining the Mutual’s statutory registers
- negotiate and prepare, on behalf of the Mutual, a service agreement with a Director
- arrange payment of Directors’ fees and expenses
- arrange appropriate insurances for the Directors
- carry out disclosure and barring service checks and credit checks
- obtain references.
What sort of personal information do we collect?
Personal information is anything that can identify a living person. The information we collect about a Mutual Director may include:
name and former name(s)
- age and gender
- current and former addresses
- dates of residency at addresses
- telephone numbers and email addresses
- National Insurance number and payroll number
- passport number
- driving licence number
- employment history
- bank account details
- other information required to be submitted to the FCA, including
- criminal convictions, investigations and cautions
- judgment debts, bankruptcy proceedings and orders
- civil or criminal judgments for fraud, misfeasance, negligence, wrongful trading or other misconduct
- former and current directorships
- director disqualifications
Do we share personal information with anyone else?
We share Mutual Directors’ personal information with organisations which require the information for legal and regulatory reasons, such as the FCA and Companies House. We also share the information with insurers and underwriters and their agents so that insurances can be put in place for Mutual Directors, and we may share it with legal advisers if the Mutual is involved in legal proceedings.
We will not give personal information to anyone else unless:
- the Director agrees
- we are allowed or required by law to disclose it
- we are involved in a sale, merger, reorganisation, transfer or dissolution of our business.
The police and other law enforcement authorities can ask for personal information to detect or prevent crime or to comply with legal obligations. If they ask, we have to give the information.
How long do we keep personal information?
We will only keep the information for as long as we need to use it for the purposes it was given to us or as required by law or regulation. When we no longer need to keep personal information we will securely and confidentially destroy it.
What are my rights?
The law gives you special rights. You have the right to:
- know if we hold your information and what sort of information we hold
- know what we use it for, how long we will keep it and with whom we share it
- receive a copy of the information we hold
- have irrelevant information deleted and any inaccuracies corrected
- restrict the way we use your information until inaccuracies are corrected
- in some cases, have your information deleted from our records.
Who do I need to contact about the information you hold about me or if I have a concern?
If you have any questions about why we collect your personal information and how we use it, or:
- if you want a copy of it
- if you are unhappy with the way we are using your information
- you believe we should not be using it
please contact –
The Information Officer
Regis Mutual Management Limited
8 Maltings Place
169 Tower Bridge Road
London SE3 3JB
Telephone: 0207 099 2572
If you wish to make a complaint about the way we use your information, we will deal with your complaint as quickly as we can.
You also have the right to make a complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO). You can contact the ICO by:
- completing the details at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/handling/
- telephoning 0303 123 1113
- writing to
Information Commissioner’s Office