Regis Broking Limited
Your personal information
It is very important to us that personal information we hold is safe and secure, and only used for the right reasons. This privacy notice explains why we collect personal information, how we use it and the legal rights of people whose personal information we hold.
We collect and use personal information about you and people connected with your business or organisation through our dealings with you or them and the administration of your insurance. We may also obtain information from other people, businesses and organisations. We will only keep the information for as long as we need to use it for the purposes set out below.
We may record telephone calls to make sure that we follow instructions correctly and for staff training purposes.
Who are we?
We are Regis Broking Limited.
Why do we collect personal information?
We collect, use and store personal information for our legitimate business interests, and the legitimate interests of our clients and the general public, and so that we can:
- consider our clients’ insurance requirements and make enquiries in the market
- provide quotations
- collect premiums
- administer insurance and arrange premium finance
- comply with regulatory and legal requirements
- detect crime and prevent fraud
- obtain legal advice
- respond to complaints
- if you agree, send you information about our services and the insurance we can arrange.
We may use information in order to comply with financial sanctions which apply in the UK and internationally. This may include checking information on HM Treasury’s lists of financial sanctions targets.
What sort of personal information do we collect?
Personal information is anything that can identify a living person. The information we collect may include:
- name and address
- telephone number and email address
- age and gender
- passport details
- driving licence details
- bank account details
- credit/debit card details
- claims history
- employment records
- health and medical records
- criminal records information.
Special types of information
Information about health and medical records are known as “special category data” and need special protection. We will only use someone’s special category data if they agree that we can use it for one or more specified purposes.
If you give us special category data about someone, please make sure that you only give it to us if they have agreed that you can and that we can use it.
When you ask us to arrange insurance, we may ask if you, or someone who is to be included in the insurance:
- have any unspent criminal convictions
- have been charged with a criminal offence which has not yet gone to court
- are a defendant in current proceedings in a criminal court.
You must tell us if any of these things apply. You do not have to give us any more information than that if you do not want to, but if you do not give us details (for example if someone has an unspent conviction, when it was and what it was for) the insurer may not be able to give you cover.
Do you share my personal information with anyone else?
We share personal information with other organisations who are essential to the running of our business and the services we provide to our clients. This may include insurers, underwriters, legal and medical advisers.
We may also give personal information to fraud prevention agencies.
The police and other law enforcement authorities can ask for personal information to detect or prevent crime or to comply with legal obligations. If they ask, we have to give the information.
We will not give information to anyone else unless:
- the person agrees
- we are allowed or required by law to disclose it
- we are involved in a sale, merger, reorganisation, transfer of business or dissolution.
How long do we keep personal information?
We will only keep the information for as long as we need to use it for the purposes it was given to us and for our business needs in line with our information retention standards (available on request), or as required by law or regulation.
When we no longer need to keep your information we will securely and confidentially destroy it.
Do we send personal information outside the UK and the European Economic Area?
We do not currently send personal information outside the UK or the European Economic Area, but if we ever did, we would have a contract in place to make sure that the information is protected if we give it to businesses and organisations in countries that do not provide the same level of personal information protection as the UK.
What are my rights?
The law gives you special rights. You have the right to:
- know if we hold your information
- know what we use it for
- know what sort of information we hold
- know who we share it with
- know how long we will keep your information
- receive a copy of the information we hold
- have irrelevant information deleted
- have any inaccuracies corrected
- restrict the way we use your information until inaccuracies are corrected
- in some cases, have your information deleted from our records
- where we use your information to send you details of our services and the insurance we can arrange, tell us to stop sending the details.
Who do I need to contact about the information you hold about me or if I have a concern?
If you have any questions about how we collect and use your information, or:
- if you want a copy of it
- if you are unhappy with the way we are using your information
- you believe we should not be using it
please contact us:
The Information Officer
Regis Broking Limited
7 Maltings Place
169 Tower Bridge Road
London SE3 3JB
Telephone: 0207 099 2572
If you wish to make a complaint about the way we use your information, we will deal with your complaint as quickly as we can.
You have the right to make a complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO). You can contact the ICO by:
- completing the details at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/handling/
- telephoning 0303 123 1113
- writing to
Information Commissioner’s Office
If you live in Scotland, Wales or Northern Ireland, you can chose to contact your local ICO office:
Information Commissioner’s Office Information Commissioner’s Office
45 Melville Street 2nd floor, Churchill House
Edinburgh EH3 7HL Churchill Way Cardiff CF10 2HH
Tel: 0303 123 1115 Tel: 029 2067 8400
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Email: email@example.com
Information Commissioner’s Office
14 Cromac Place
Belfast BT7 2JB
Tel: 028 9027 8757 or 0303 123 1114