Junior Systems Configurator
Purpose of Role
This role works as part of a Business Information Systems team to assist in configuration of newly created software and changes to existing software, based on business requirements.
- Initial triage and ongoing management of incoming issues from the business via the systems service desk software, and logging of those issues with our 3rd party software providers for resolution
- Creation of new products & underwriting schemes within the policy administration system to meet business requirements
- Build & maintain suites of dynamic policy documentation using system formulas, and develop new instances of our CRM tool for new Mutuals
- Being a technical reference point on new systems projects to advise of the most appropriate design, to balance user needs with system features & constraints
- Ongoing maintenance of user roles & associated system authority levels
- Develop and maintain configuration policies and procedures, and review and recommend changes to existing ones
- Reports on configuration projects to Testing & Configuration Team Leader in a clear and concise manner. Identifies and reports issues & risks associated with own work.
- Analyse & review requirements and specifications, and define test conditions
- Design and build test case suites, test scripts and test procedures with expected results
- interprets and executes sets of complex test scripts using methods and standards, recording and reporting outcomes
- Check test results, and document test failures and successes
- Compare test failures and successes with pre-determined criteria, in accordance with agreed standards
- Analyse and report test results to Systems Configuration & Testing Team Leader in a clear & concise manner.
- Use test scripts, diagnostic tools, test automation tools, technical manuals and systems documentation to identify, diagnose and report on system error
How to Apply
If you are interested in apply for this position please send your CV and a covering letter giving details of your experience and fit with this role to firstname.lastname@example.org If you have any questions please contact us on 01892 888312.