Purpose of Role
The role of Claims Handler is responsible for negotiating and managing the settlement process of a portfolio of claims from inception through to settlement.
Describe where this role fits in its complexity, strategic scope and autonomy
- Processing new claims calls notifications in accordance with the procedures and policy cover, and capturing & recording them accurately on claims system
- Guiding members on how to proceed with the claim and ensuring customers are treated fairly
- Handling claims on a desktop basis within a handling authority limit, and referring claims of a more technical nature to more senior team members or Underwriting
- Checking for possible fraud indicators and referring to senior management should suspicion be raised, and agreeing quantum within authorised parameters and ensuring fair settlement of valid claims
- Reviewing cases and workflow in a proactive manner and taking action to move a claim forward
- Adhere to legal requirements, industry regulations and customer quality standards set by the company, alongside an awareness of, and compliance with, service criteria throughout work
How to Apply
If you are interested in apply for this position please send your CV and a covering letter giving details of your experience and fit with this role to email@example.com If you have any questions please contact us on 01892 888312.