Assistant Co Sec
Purpose of Role
The Governance & Co Sec Department is responsible for delivering a high quality corporate governance and company secretariat service for Regis UK group companies (“Regis”) and the Regis UK mutual clients. It also provides bespoke consultancy for Regis’ new business activities, producing innovative solutions in response to often complex client requirements.
The Legal Services Department deals with a full range of corporate, contractual, commercial, regulatory, IP and insurance matters, both contentious and non-contentious, in support of the business and activities of Regis and its clients.
Working under the Head of Governance and Co Sec, but with a direct line to the Head of Legal Services, the role will principally provide governance and company secretarial support to a portfolio of Regis group companies and clients, but will also offer corporate and commercial legal support to the business generally.
- Provide a comprehensive governance and secretarial service to a portfolio of Regis group companies and clients. This includes:
- Working closely with the Mutual Manager and senior account executive to ensure comprehensive and high quality delivery of governance and co sec services
- Maintaining and ensuring compliance with the governance framework of the entities within the portfolio
- Collating board papers and producing draft resolutions
- Ensuring timely distribution of information to directors
- Reporting on governance/company secretarial/legal matters
- Producing minutes and actions to deadlines
- Monitoring follow up actions after the meeting
- Making arrangements for general meetings (including Annual General Meetings) and other member resolutions, including the preparation and sending of notices and other related documents in accordance with companies legislation
- Developing and maintaining relationships with key Executive Directors and Senior Managers who provide reports to the Boards/Committees
- Advising on and ensuring that client managers, chairs and directors satisfy their legal responsibilities
- Ensuring statutory filings and notices in accordance with Companies House deadlines
- Delivery of core company administrative and governance services, including maintaining statutory registers, board meeting calendars and policy and procedure documents
- Supporting a full range of corporate, commercial, regulatory and related legal matters, to include:
- mutual trading tax requirements
- regulation in respect of insurance intermediaries and credit brokers
- general commercial and contracts
- Such other responsibilities as are required to ensure the effective delivery of the workload of the Departments
How to Apply
If you are interested in apply for this position please send your CV and a covering letter giving details of your experience and fit with this role to email@example.com If you have any questions please contact us on 01892 888312.